(Information of Colombian laws)
Implementation in environmental, cultural and socioeconomic sustainability
FINCA ROMELIA ORCHIDS & BIRDS is a lodging and rural accommodation establishment that seeks an excellent service, satisfying the needs of our customers and respecting the legal provisions.
Our collaborators, suppliers, clients and guests are committed to the maintenance or improvement of positive environmental, sociocultural and economic impacts and the management, minimization or elimination of those negative impacts that may be generated. We reject any activity against the flora and fauna and we are against the commercial sexual exploitation of children and adolescents (CSEC) and the discrimination of gender or race.
PROTECTION OF FLORA AND FAUNA
FINCA ROMELIA ORCHIDS & BIRDS is committed to:
• Not marketing or consuming species or products derived from the flora and fauna prohibited by law.
• Not carrying out or supporting activities aimed at the collection, marketing and trafficking of animal or plant species that do not have the respective licenses granted by the competent environmental authorities.
• Additionally, customers will be informed to: not commercialize or traffic with wild fauna and flora species, as it is penalized by Act 17 of 1981 and by Ministerial Resolution No. 1367 of 2000.
CONSERVATION AND SUSTAINABLE USE OF THE CULTURAL HERITAGE
• FINCA ROMELIA ORCHIDS & BIRDS encourages its clients, guests and employees not to commercialize or illegally traffic with regional and national cultural assets, since such activities are penalized by means of Colombian laws, decrees and resolutions, specifically the laws of prevention and protection of heritage: Act 103 of 1991 and its decree 904 of 1941, Act 397 of 1997 and its decree 833 of 2002, Act 1185 of 2008.
• The Establishment of Lodging and Rural Accommodation promotes in its clients and guests responsible behaviors with the local community and with the conservation and good use of the cultural heritage.
IMPROVEMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS
The farm is currently generating awareness plans in the care of the environment as well as implementing activities for its improvement. It currently has campaigns to save water and energy, as well as waste management, recycling as best as possible and allowing more people to know its importance.
Code of conduct
1. Refrain from offering in the tourism promotion programs and tour plans, expressly or surreptitiously, any plans for the sexual exploitation of children and adolescents.
2. Refrain from giving information, either directly or through third parties, to tourists about places where the commercial sexual exploitation of children and adolescents are coordinated or practiced.
3. Refrain from taking tourists, directly or through third parties, to establishments or places where commercial sexual exploitation of children is practiced, as well as taking children or adolescents to the places where tourists are staying, even if they are places located on the high seas, with the purpose of commercial sexual exploitation of children and adolescents.
4. Refrain from providing vehicles on tourist routes for the purpose of sexual exploitation or abuse of children and adolescents.
5. Prevent the entry of children and adolescents into hotels or places of accommodation and lodging, bars, similar businesses and other establishments in which tourism services are provided, with the purpose of sexual exploitation or abuse.
6. Adopt measures to prevent personnel linked to the company in any kind of position from offering tourist services that allow sexual activity with children and adolescents.
7. Protect national and foreign children and adolescents from all forms of sexual exploitation and violence caused by domestic or foreign tourists.
8. Report to the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism and other competent authorities, the facts of which you have come to know by any means, as well as the suspicion of these, related to sexual exploitation of children and adolescents and ensure that inside of the company there are channels to report such facts to the competent authorities.
9. Design and disseminate within the company and its suppliers of goods and services, a policy in which the suppliers establishes measures to prevent and counteract all forms of sexual exploitation of children and adolescents in travel and tourism.
10. Train all personnel linked to the company, as well as suppliers who, due to the nature of their activities, have contact with tourists, regarding the prevention of commercial sexual exploitation of children and adolescents.
11. Inform its users about the legal consequences in Colombia of the sexual exploitation and abuse of children and adolescents.
12. Publish in a public and visible place of the establishment or commercial establishments this Code of Conduct and the other commitments that the provider wishes to assume in order to protect children and adolescents.